10.31.2007

Halloween


Well tonight is Halloween, and I really don't have much to show for it. Today was a crazy day and tonight has been a crazy night. I took this picture on Tuesday, but as you can see Jaxon is more than "happy" to be in his costume. He was a monkey with a banana in his pocket. We finally figured out that he just really hated being the pants that went with the costume. Once we took those off he stopped crying but still wouldn't pose for another picture. Tony's mom took Jaxon trick or treating for a while at our wards "Trunk-or-Treat". He came home with a grocery bag full of candy, playdo, full size candy bars, suckers, and pretty much anything else you can think of. We took him to a couple of our friends houses, but we were smart and left the camera at home. Um, can we say dumb!


This year the whole gang got together and carved pumpkins at Tony's parents in the garage. I think between us all, there was like 13 pumpkins. The first picture is of Charles, the cabose of Tony's family. And then there is good ol' me trying me hardest to carve a white pumpkin. The stupid thing wasn't to easy to carve. It took me all night to carve a few bats and a moon on it. The most interesting thing that night was that the power went out for like 30-45 minutes. Total darkness everywhere, and if you went outside it was like a Halloween movie. It was fun!
Well on to a more serious side of things... today I had to be in Ogden for my pre-op appointment, which is why today was so crazy. I first talked to my doctor, and got some interesting news. He told me that this surgery would be more extensive than before, and that the way he was doing it was more effective. He also informed me that I get to do a "bowel prep". Which means clear liquids all day tomorrow and this stuff I have to drink will clean me OUT!! I will need to stay relatively close to restroom from about noon to bedtime tomorrow. YA!! Then my oh so very lucky husband gets the privelge to give me an enema the morning of surgery. Exciting, right?! So then we went to the surgical center to have my blood drawn. I sat with the RN for like an hour it seemed. She went over everything with me and now I feel like I have forgotten something because it's all jumbled up inside my head. So any way I don't know what to expect, but I am hoping this helps me with the pain. I don't know my surgery time yet, all I know is that is on Friday, November 2nd. I am sure Tony will have some excellent pictures for you to see.




1 comment:

Lisa Johnson said...

Good Luck with sugery my friend! Joe and I will keep you in our prayers! Your little guy is getting so big, I wish we could come up and visit!