10.05.2007

Tony's Surgery Day

Well this day is almost over. We were up at 4 this morning getting ready to go to Ogden to the Mt. Ogden Surgical Center. We had to be there by 7:50 a.m. I don't think I have seen that early for a long time. So we loaded up Jaxon and Libby and went. My mom met us there and is taking the kids for the weekend. Tony was taken back right about 7:50 and I have no idea of what time they actually started his surgery, but around 10:00 I asked the front desk lady if she knew how things were going and when he would be done. She checked and he was just being wheeled down the hall to stage one recovery room. So then I started to get really anxiuos because no one came out to get me or talk to me till about 10:30. Dr. Rocco came out and told me that everything went ok. They ended up doing a bone graph along with putting a screw in. They took a chunk of bone from his heel to fill a hole by where the screw was going. Then they also cut his calf muscle. At about 11:00 they FINALLY came and got me to take me back to him. He was in stage two recovery by this time. We stayed there till about 12:00, then he got dressed and we left to go get his pain meds. We got home around 3:00 this afternoon and I am tired. It's been a long day. But any way here are some pictures from the day.

This was before.



This was after.
This is his new best friend.