Hello again!! I know it's been a while, don't be mad. I think about updating this every day, but I have been sick for the last week or so with bronchitis and a sinus infection, fun right?! And it doesn't help that Tony is on graves right now, so it's not like I can do this during Jaxon's nap time. And we have been just busy lately... Okay okay I am trying to find excuses, but really we have been busy.
Where to start... We had a very good Christmas! We went to my parents house in Brigham City on, I think, the Sunday before. All my family was home. My brother, his wife, and their little girl Rani came out from Delaware. My sis came up from Salt Lake. We had so much fun being all together.
Jaxon got spoiled rotten from my mom. He got a ton of clothes and toys, oh and the best part is his Gator. You are probably wondering what that is, well I will tell you. It is a power wheels John Deere. It has two speeds and a bed that you can load stuff in and dump. It even comes equipped with seat belts! It is so stinkin' cute! I will get a picture later. We forget our camera so I will have to get some pics from my sister-in-law. Oh and it has a working horn, that goes "Beep Beep". Jaxon also got a ton of Thomas the Train stuff. He got a like three different sets to play with. He is now the proud owner of Thomas, Henry, and James. He loves to turn them on and watch them go around and around on the track. He did get like three Thomas the Train movies, and for a few nights he just had to watch "Woo Woo" (the trains) before he went to bed.
Tony and I got some pretty cool stuff as well. We got a web cam so that we can talk to my brother back east and to my parents, who live two hours away. It's a lot of fun. I got some Rachel Ray stainless steel pans with orange gripper handles! I love them! They are a little heavy, but oh so worth it! Tony's big present was a chain saw. I never in my life would have imagined my husband to own a chain saw, but truth be told we have needed one. We have borrowed Tonys dad's in the past, but now we have our own. It's kinda scary!
We have been getting snow up here like crazy! The funny thing is though, that because of the wind there could be dirt showing in one spot of my yard and then you could look a couple feet away and there could be a four foot pile of snow. The drifts are terrible, from looking at the ones in my yard. I would also like to take a moment to share a funny little story about the drifts and me getting stuck in the "Big Bad Truck". One night I took my friend Megan home, and I knew I would need to be in four wheel drive, because she doesn't have a driveway, so I put the truck in four wheel and went around to the back of her house. She told me to be careful because her dad got stuck earlier just around the corner in a huge drift. I thought I would be ok, but she said she would go around with me just in case. Well lo' and behold, I got stuck! I was so scared because Jaxon was in his pj's, I was in Crocs, and both Megan's hubby and mine were at work. We laughed for a minute and then she told me what to do. I have never driven in snow like that and so I didn't know what to do, come on give me some credit. Megan got me out and just smiled and waved as I drove on. I couldn't believe what I did, I just had to tell Tony. He just laughed at me and called me a goofball. It was great times!
Any way I better go, this is too long already and Tony is getting ready to leave for work here in about thirty minutes. I will get pictures and post them here in the next few days... I promise! Hope you all had a great Christmas!
Dear Best Friend
1 year ago



3 comments:
Glad to see that you are still alive.....I check your blog pretty regularly and was beginning to think your computer was down. Actually I just updated our blog as well since it had been a while. It sounds like things are going good for you guys. I'm sure it's nice to have Tony back to work. Glad you had a good Christmas. Unfortunately we still have 86 degree weather here. I know all of you are jealous. Feel free to come visit any time.
That's no fun that you have been sick and it probably didn't help that I was harassing you; I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sounds like you guys had a fun Christmas - I can't wait to see the pictures of Jaxon in his tractor; it sounds awesome. We have the same problem with snow drifts here (at the point of the mountain). I can look out my window and see grass and then there will be four feet at the end of the sidewalk...dang wind!
Yay for a new blog post! I know how busy life get around the holidays, and to be sick on top of that, really bites! I'm getting my Scentsy invites addressed right now! I'm getting excited!
Post a Comment