I know that probably everyone has seen this video, but I just had to share it. When I watch this, it makes me cry. It is so motivating! I could only hope that if I were in this situation, I could be just as strong. I have done a race before and I know how hard the training can be. I can't even think of how intense it would be to swim, bike, and run all the while pulling or pushing Jaxon with me. I hope that we can all be this strong for our children in their times of need.
Dear Best Friend
1 year ago



2 comments:
It makes me cry every time. But it's true training can be time consuming...I can't even comprehend doing a full ironman, or even a half. The dad and his wife got divorced because he spent so much time training. I will just stick with sprints and hope for an olympic length one day...I kind of like my husband :) Can't wait until the tri season begins!
I did the Cache Valley one back in 2005 (before I got prego with Miss Anna) and did the XTerra Mountain Championship and Ogden Valley Triathlon last summer. However, I have always done just the swimming and running and Ross has done the biking (because he wants to participate and doesn't want to actually train for all sports). Anywho, the first one I am doing all by myself with be...dun da da dun...April 19th in St. George! haha! Too funny! Me and my brother in law signed up a few weeks back. It is a small one and the sprint distance is actually much shorter (swimming and biking sections anyway) than ones I have done previously. SO hopefully it will be a good first one to start the season off and get me warmed up for others to come this summer. I guess I will be seeing you there? Have you done this one before? What's it like? I think it will be weird in a pool vs. open water. Are you doing the sprint length as well? Wow! Sorry about all the questions!
Post a Comment