1.23.2008

My luck has run out...

So last night had to be one of the worst nights ever! We met with our landlord to go over the hours we have worked on the house and the materials that we have bought. Well a little ways into the conversation. he tells us that we need to be out by March 1st, if not sooner. WHAT!!! Long story short, he doesn't want to be a landlord anymore (the whole water pipe was just to much for him) and he is worried about the liability because this is such an old house (built in 1905) and he just wants to "rent" it out to just family. So one of his son's is moving in around the end of February/ first of March because he isn't far enough building his own house and my landlord promised a family friend that the house his son is living in, could be hers when she got back from her mission and that just happens to be March 1st. My landlord just barely told all of this to me and Tony last night. CRAPPY!!! So we are trying to find a place to rent in Lyman, and to much surprise, there isn't anything! And we aren't in a place that we can build or buy right now. So basically we are sitting ducks!! I just can't believe how dumpy my luck has been since moving up here. It seems like every couple of weeks something has to go wrong and cause problems. And because Tony really can't take any time off, I am left to deal with it all by myself. I am so exhausted of having to deal with all of this! It is so tempting to move back to St. George and be broke again. So please feel free to give donations! One day something will go right (hopefully)!

Here is Jaxon, in all his glory! We were getting ready to leave the other day to go to Evanston and his pants weren't quite dry. I told him to get his socks, shoes, coat, and hat and this is what he came to me with. No pants, no socks or shoes (his camo boots instead) and his hat. I couldn't stop laughing! And that's my dog Libby, well her head anyway. Jaxon is doing really good. He is catching on to so many words. He calls his coat, his "coke", and he can say gross, and sit (but it actually comes out like a four letter word), and he can tell Libby to "hush". Those are just a few of the news words. He is going through this thing right now where everything is "NO". He says that to everything and it's starting to get annoying. And he just emptied my tupperware cabinet. Nice. Anyway I better go put stuff back together.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I am so sorry to hear all of that! It is so lame that he wouldn't give you hardly any time to find anything. I hope things start looking better for you guys and something will open up. I hope you it does get better so I can see you in St. George cause that would be a blast! Love ya and I will keep you in my prayers.

Lisa Johnson said...

Yuck, Landlords can be so fun! Well, keep doing what you are supposed to be doing, don't forget to pray! I'm a big believer in prayers since I'm sure that's the only thing that kept Joe from getting laid off a few months ago! You will get through this and be a stronger person after! I promise! Your luck will get better!

Sportzfreek said...

At least you have a big nice truck that you can sleep in the back of....I'm sure we can accomodate you for a few days at our house.

Megan said...

Hey Chica! I tagged you on my blog - check it out for rules and regulations :) I know you are stressed right now (I forgot when I tagged you) so if you don't get a chance, I understand. I was just missing your posts so much! I hope everything in the house hunting world is going well.