As you can tell from the title, there have been a few problems here at the Lallatin household. Who ever the smart person was that put water pipes in an outside wall, with NO insulation, in Wyoming ought to be shot! In the last like month the hot water pipe has froze like three times. Or what we thought was the hot water pipe. Each time there was never any hot water. So the second time it happened, I called the landlord and his son came to the rescue. He moved the hot water pipe to inside the house, just next to the hot water heater. Well all was fine and dandy until Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I went to go turn on the hot water and lo' and behold there was no hot water again. I was so mad! I called the landlord once again and he counldn't believe that this had happened again. Neither could I! So his son came once again to the rescue and moved the cold water pipe to inside the house. And in the process, there was a huge chunk of ice that came out of the cold water pipe. HUH!!! We begun to wonder if it was the cold water pipe all along that was freezing. It would make sense, because when you turn the hot water on, cold water comes in the water heater and pushes the hot water out. So if you have no hot water, then maybe, just maybe the cold pipe was the culprit! But any way we have hot and cold water now and since Wednesday night, there have been no problems. (Cross your fingers...)
Dear Best Friend
1 year ago



3 comments:
Good times at your house huh? Sorry it's been so rough, there is NOTHING worse than a cold shower in the winter, or anytime that you're hoping for a warm one. Hope things are better for you now.
The adventures of being an adult. It's not fun sometimes! I am glad that all is well now cause life without hot water is rough.
This is why I live in Southern Utah. I don't do cold. I really don't know if I could've handled no hot water! I'm glad it's fixed now!
Post a Comment