Well the time came and went. Here we are just a week and half almost two weeks after surgery and I am just barely posting this. I had my surgery on the 2nd of November down in Ogden at the McKay Dee Surgical Center. I had to be there by 8 a.m. and surgery would follow about forty- five minutes later. I went back and did all the fun stuff like my IV and stuff. Then it was about nine when the doctor walked me back to my surgery room. That was weird, walking down the cold halls with nothing on but those fun gowns and a robe. I climbed up on the table and tried to relax. Ya right!! Dr. Arrington told me to just close my eyes while they were still setting things up. I was in no way closing my eyes until I nodded off to la-la land.
The next thing I remember was throwing up. I am not the best person to be put under. The "sleepy" doctor told me that I have four out of five risk factors that basically says I will be sick when I wake up. I am a female, non smoker, have gotten sick with the stuff before, and well I can't remember the last one. So before I woke up, they gave me three different medications to try to stop me from getting sick. There is another one, but they don't like to use that one because it makes you sooo sleepy. After I started throwing up, they gave me that fourth drug. I slept like a baby for another few hours. I don't remember anything then. So I finally got up and tried to go the bathroom, but I started to fall asleep while on the toilet, or so that's what the nurses told Tony when they brought me back to the recovery room.
Dr. Arrington talked to Tony after I was out of surgery to let him know how things went and what he did. Tony told me I was back in surgery for about three hours or so. Dr. Arrington make five incisions around my stomach. One in my belly button, two below that towards my hips, and two more just above where your leg bends at your hip. They are all about a half inch long. The doctor cut out all the scar tissue which was basically on the under side of my uterus, along my colon and stuff. There were a couple of adhesions around my ovaries which he burnt off. He also looked in my bladder and ureters, colon, appendix, gallbladder, fallopian tubes and ovaries. He also flushed my tubes to check that they weren't blocked by anything. So I guess all in all I should feel like a new woman.
I did a tons better recovering this time compared to last time I had the surgery. I could move better, didn't bleed, and just felt a whole lot better. So things are going pretty good now. I am still a little tender around my stomach, but not bad. Hopefully this will help the me with the pain and maybe to have another little one...



1 comment:
I am SO glad everything went alright. Surgery can be scary sometimes, I know mine scared me! I hope this really does help with everything, you guys have such a cute kid, I can just imagine how cute the next one will be!!
Post a Comment