9.28.2007

Here's the scoop

Alright, so I haven't been able to do anything for like the last two weeks because my computer was acting dumb and wouldn't let me on the internet. There has been so much stuff going on in our lives. I have no idea of where to start so here goes.
A couple of weeks ago Tony and I both went to the doctors. Tony went because of his foot issues. He has broke the littlest bone in both of his feet. It's at the end of your pinky toe at about the middle of your foot on the outside. They think he did while he was in high school running track. Tony can't straighten his leg and bring his ankle to a ninety degree angle, because his calf muscles are to tight, so all the stress went to the outstide of his foot. The doctor just wanted to take the bone out, but there is a tendon that attaches there, so they would have to find another place to reattach it. So the doctor is going to put a pin in the bone and then cut his calf muscle to lengthen it. This is happening on the 5th of October. Tony will be in a walking boot and on crutches for four weeks and off work too. It will definetly be an interesting four to six weeks.
I went to the doctor because of all the cramping and pain that comes from the endometriosis that I have when... well you know. So the doctor told me that the best way to go was to have surgery. I have already had this type of surgery before, but I think this doctor will do a better job. He is one of 48 doctors in the U.S. that has specialized in endometrial laparoscopies. He will go in and cut out all the scar tissue and tissue that has built up since my last surgery in 2001. I go in on November 2nd. I am hoping that this will help us get pregnant again. We were suprised by getting pregnant with Jaxon, but who knows what is in store for us now. I think I know what the pain will be like and what to do, but this doctor might be doing a lot more than the last doctor. I just want this next couple of months to go by somewhat easy. I have no idea of what will happen but I am hoping for the best.
As far as everything else goes, things have been pretty good up here in little Lyman. It was a big change to move from sunny St. George to windy Wyoming. It has been nice being closer to family, but I miss all my friends in St. George. The nearest Wal-mart is 30 minutes away. Crappy right?! Tony I think likes his job at the mine. He is 1500 feet underground. And no worries, he mines a hard rock nothing like coal. He works four 10 hour shifts and he rotates from days to swings to graves. I hate swings... He drives a shuttle car from point A to point B. I don't really know how to describe it. I am still trying to get used to all the mine lingo.
Jaxon is doing pretty good. He loves to play with his cousins. He turned two in July and thinks he is king of the world. We got him a yellow lab puppy for his birthday, her name is Libby. Jaxon calls her "Bibby". It is so cute. He likes to tease her. I am lucky to get to stay home with him now after eight crazy months of me being in school. He is starting to talk a lot more, some words you can understand and then there are some that you can't figure out for the life of you what he said.
With all that said, we are doing pretty good for the most part. Everyday is an adventure. I will keep up on my postings from now on since my computer works again.

2 comments:

The Nortys 6 said...

Crazy months ahead!!! Well, we're close if you need anything!! Who knows, maybe when you go in for this surgery, you be surprised again... That would be nice huh! Well, I hope all goes well, my baby needs a friend!!

Lisa Johnson said...

I'm excited you are posting! Isn't this fun! I think so! Anyway, good luck with all the medical stuff coming up, we'll definitely keep you in our prayers!